OK we're not actually in Mexico but close enough. Life even got more crazy since our last blog session. At the end of spring break in March Marni got accepted into the Arizona Teaching Fellows which was great except for the location. It's like opening the mission call and reading the name of the place you didn't want to go. Yes out of the two places possible Marni got assigned to Yuma. It's all great except for the fact that we were two weeks from buying a house (which we were able to get out of easily) and I had a job currently in Mesa. We took it as a sign of that is where the Lord wants us.
It worked out for me since my job was pretty much a nightmare even though they made changes that made it easier. This gave me the opportunity to end of good terms with them (plus I wasn't sure they were going to bring me back) So we moved to Mesa and found a little one bedroom apt that was reasonably priced and the best part was only 5 min away from my school. That totally beat the 50 min one way drive I was doing.
Marni survived her intense 6 week course by energy drinks, sleeping all weekends, by making great friends at the training, and a little luck. Now we are down in Yuma (Somerton actually) in a nice 4 bd 2000 sq ft. house we are renting. I never want to move again for at least another year. Both the moving truck and Marni's A/C went out and made the 3 hr drive all the better.
We both have teaching jobs at the same High School in San Luis which is literally a mile from the border. We are pretty excited about the opportunity to teach the kids there. I am teaching 9th grade World History and Marni is teaching 9th Grade Biology. We start our training on Aug 2 and we're pretty much stoked and a little scared to begin. Hopefully we'll keep you all informed as things happen.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you guys found a place to rent. I want to see pictures. I'm so glad things fell into place. But, yikes. I can't imagine drivng anywhere in Arizona without A/C. I can barely stand it here.
viva mexico
Post a Comment