Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break 2008

Sorry that it's been so long since we last updated our blog. We couldn't find the camera cable in order to get the pictures onto the computer. Anyway, for spring break this year we went down to Arizona to visit my sister Darcy and her husband. We spent a couple of days there and even took a trip to Mexico.

This is where we ate while in Mexico. The place is right on the shore and where we ate actually hands over the ocean. My food was okay, but Marni had shrimp wrapped in bacon.

Here we are on the beach!!!
Kids close your eyes

It was really nice to be able to stay at Darcy and Brad's huge house. Marni really enjoyed playing with Holly their cat while Brad and Darcy wanted to strangle her. While we were there we visited Jacob Hyde (my best friend from HS) and his family who just moved to Mesa earlier this year.

Then we went up to California to spend a few days at Disneyland. I hadn't been there for 10 years so I was very eager to go there.

Marni on the way to Disneyland
Here we are at the "Honey I Shrunk the Audience"
Here we are on the bridge by Big Thunder Mountain
Arrggg... with our pirate ears
King and Queen of Disneyland!!! We decorated our crowns and watched the little kids learn how to dance with the Princesses
We decorated castle cookies. I bet you can't guess which one is whose?
This was one of my favorite parts. Everytime we walked by the Nemo ride the seagulls would cry "mine"
Here's our picture from Buzz's Astro Blasters. Notice the scores. Marni claims that she got a slow start.


We watched the Jedi Academy Training for the kids. I got so excited when Darth Vader arrived. The Jedi Master that worked with the kids was great. He was hilarious and was awesome with the kids.

That is pretty much our trip. We stayed at Disneyland for a few days then headed back home. Hopefully we'll be able to get back there soon. If you want to see the rest of the pictures find the link on the side of the page called "Spring Break 2008"

2 comments:

The Pali's said...

I'm so jealous. I would LOVE to go back to Mexico and go to Disneyland. It's been 8 years since I've last been to Disneyland. We're hoping to go in October this year for my birthday though. It'll be fun to watch Connor's reaction to everything.

The Shirleys said...

I haven't been to Disney Land since I was 4! That looks like you had a ton of fun.

You and Marni are so cute together.
~Karrie