Monday, July 28, 2008

Me and My Man

My Man...

1. Who is your man? Jeff Paystrup
2. How long have you been together? Almost a year!
3. Dating/Engaged/Married? We dated for a month (Gasp! I know!), were engaged for 3, and have now been married for 7 months
4. How old is your man? 28. Yes, he is old!!! Our RA staff called him grandpa, and someone even left him a “World’s Best Grandpa” mug in his box one day.

You or your man?

1. Who eats more? Probably me, but even if that isn’t true, you’d never know. He is the size of a stick, while I resemble a 100 year old redwood.

2. Who said "I love you" first? Jeff, and I was so glad! I’d been thinking it for days before, and I told myself not to blurt out such shenanigans or I’d scare him off. It was super cute. We were just sitting there, when he said “It may be too early to say this, but I love you”. Aww!

3. Who weighs more? Me. I’m twice his size. And it doesn’t make life easy.

4. Who sings better? We both scrape by. Definitely not American Idol contestants. But I am pretty amazing when I’m in the car. By myself. I couldn’t sing in front of Jeff to save my life. I can’t even sing the hymns in Sacrament with him by my side. I just get too nervous! To fix this problem, we bought Sing Star for the PS2. It is way fun, and the only time I really can belt it out in front of anybody.

5. Who's Older? Jeff. Are you ready for this? He is 8 years older.

6. Who's smarter? We are both good at different things. He knows his history really well, but I can do math and biology.

7. Who's temper is worse? I think we are both awful. But Jeff never gets angry at me. He only gets “frustrated”.

8. Who does the laundry? We take turns. I hate folding laundry with a passion, so he always gets forced into helping me.

9. Who does the dishes? Jeff did them more when we didn’t have a dishwasher because mushy food really grosses me out, but now that the dishwasher does the dirty work, we take turns loading and unloading.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jeff? If you think of the right when you lie on your back on the bed. If you’re looking at the bed, it is the left, so I would be on the right…what kind of question is this?

11. Who's feet are bigger? Are you ready for this? Our feet are the same size. We also wear the same size rings.

12. Who's hair is longer? Mine.

13. Who's better with the computer? I would say we both hold our own pretty well. My dad taught me well.

14. Who mows the lawn? The apartment complex. But they always do the large commons one day, and the side grass in front of our building the next, so it tends to look pretty funny once a week.

15. Who pays the bills? Touchy subject. I put them on automatic bill pay, because they would always be overdue. He is still upset with me.

16. Who cooks dinner? Jeff. I get bored cooking. I don’t have the patience.

17. Who drives when you are together? Jeff, because I like to nap. Getting married has been the biggest blessing to my sleep. Before, I hated driving to Salt Lake. I would get too tired!

18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? The giftcards we have from our wedding. If not, both of us. We share our money. When we have money.

19. Who's the most stubborn? Me, but Jeff holds his own pretty well. I tell him he’s not as whipped as I would like him to be.

20. Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong? Jeff. He does it even if he isn’t wrong, because I’m too darn stubborn. Once my dad and I got in an argument and didn’t talk for a week. He finally gave in. Must have told Jeff to do the same.

21. Who's parents do you see more? Probably mine, just because they are a little closer. We don’t get to see our family as much as we’d like to, because gas is so dang ridiculous.

22. Who named your dog/cat? Jeff came up with Tigger, because he bounces around. Slick was both of us. Before we were married, he would take me to Petsmart when I was sad so I could pet the kitties. One day, there was a crazy little kitten named Slick that we fell in love with, and ever after we would talk about getting us a “Slick the Cat”. Finally we did.

23. Who kissed who first? Jeff did, it was super sweet. He was so nervous that his lips were puckered so tight I almost couldn’t even feel them!

24. Who asked who out? Well…Jeff asked me over to watch a movie, but he wasn’t making a move. So, out of frustration, I proclaimed “Your hand keeps getting farther and farther away!”. As weird as it was, it did the trick.

25. What did you do? We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the one with Johnny Depp). Our first “official date” came later. I think we went bowling.

26. Who's more sensitive? Me. I cried at Petsmart the other day because Corwin still hadn’t been adopted. But Jeff is pretty sensitive too. We both cried at the end of Meet the Robinsons, and shared tears watching Baby Mac’s slide shows.

27. Who's taller? I think Jeff beats me by about an inch. Maybe.

28. Who has more friends? I think I do, but it is pretty hard to beat, seeing as I have 7 best friends.

29. Who has more siblings? Jeff, but only barely! He has one brother, three step siblings, and a half sister. I have one brother and three steps. All I need is a half to be even…

30. Who wears the pants in the relationship? I do, but sometimes I let him borrow them…

3 comments:

Becca said...

I liked reading that, now I know more about you and your man!

Jeff and Carrie said...

You did so well answering those questions. I know that it is a pain but as we read them we learn more about you...too cute!

Karissa said...

haha, Jayson only gets "frustrated" too.