Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

3 JOYS
1-My Jeff Jeff and the babies.
2-The mountains. I would be happy forever in a secluded cabin, plenty of trails to hike, lakes to swim, and large rocks to climb.
3-Being able to speak to people in other languages.

3 FEARS
1-Toilets. They are really, really creepy. Not only can you never be sure that you won't fall in and get sucked down to the dark Underworld of the Toilets, they could at any moment go completely traitorous and spray you with all sorts of yuck. There are 3 different types. The first (and least frightening) is the home toilet. Toilets in houses generally have a mild flush that I can handle, not strong enough to pull you down. Bathrooms are also of a large enough size that I can bolt from any immediate danger that may arise. I don't generally suffer anxiety attacks when I use a domestic toilet.
However, the second type are of a much greater evil, and I am never calm when using them. These are the public toilets. There is no toilet tank in the back, and the flush is massive! Not to mention you are locked in a teeny-tiny stall that does not allow for an easy escape. I always make sure my pants are up and the door is unlocked so that I can dash the second I push down the flusher. Unfortunately, there is no hope when they have automatic flushers. You never know when those things will go off. It is sure doom. I was once using one that kept flushing while I was sitting down! It was horrible. I was awful. And I decided I would rather hold it until I could get home. It was that bad.
The final form of toilet is, by far and without a doubt, the most terrifying. Airplane toilets. Those things, despite what Mythbusters say, really do have the power to suck you into the atmosphere. I'm sure of it.
2-The dark. Not afraid of Boogie Men and scary monsters. I've always been afraid of 'bad guys' waiting to kidnap or murder me. I have to turn all the lights on to wherever I am going, go back to the start, and slowly turn them off one by one. That way, when I get to my destination, it is lit. Add darkness to toilets, and you've really got me freaked out.
3-Failure. I don't like being inadequate.

3 GOALS 1-Get into med school. ALL of my mini goals really work towards acheiving that one huge, daunting task. I want it so badly!!! And so I pull all-nighters studying for tests, take classes that are meant to melt the brains of its students, and work a job that does not pay enough for what I have to do. 2-Be somewhat decent at something athletic. This just may be impossible, but someday I WILL run a marathon. That is at least 2 years away though. 3-Go to bed early and wake up on time for classes. Did I mention it is almost 4 A.M. as I write this? I am not very near achievement of this goal.

3 CURRENT OBSESSIONS
1-Rootbeer Freezes from A&W. They are like rootbeer floats, only better, because they are the consistency of a shake.
2-The Olympics. Swimming, water polo, and gymnastics. I can't not watch. I hate that there is a twelve hour time difference.
3-Finding new music. Music makes me ridiculously happy. No desert island would be survivable without iPodio.

3 RANDOM FACTS
1-I plan to take a second husband, and his name is Michael Phelps. When I told Jeff though, he just rolled his eyes at me.
2-I love water. Any body of water, any size. I think swimming is the most relaxing thing a person can do, and the smell of chlorine is one of my favorites. I declare Lake Powell to be heaven on Earth, and I once swam in a puddle 2 inches deep. Jeff does NOT share this love with me. As a result, I see it is absolutely necessary that I become Mrs. Paystrup-Phelps. Michael would understand me!
3-Slick the cat plays with EVERY SINGLE PIECE of his food before he eats it. He approaches it with much meowing, picks up a piece in his mouth, tosses it in the air, bats it along the kitchen floor, then, if it hasn't slid under the fridge or stove by this time, he will finally eat it and pick out his next victim.

I TAG...
Brad and Darcy Ellis, Taylor Maughan, and Robyn Pali!!!

7 comments:

Jeff and Carrie said...

I remember hearing about your water polo and how good you are. And about Michael Phelps he is amazing! I can't believe all the things that he has accomplished in these Olympics. Michael Phelps and You definitely would be the King & Queen of the water.! Too Cute!

Ike and Bethany said...

Oh my gosh Marni!!!! I can't believe it's you. Congrats on getting married, that's awesome. I miss you!

Ike and Bethany said...

Oh yeah, when did your husband go to Tawain? crazy world.

Becca said...

All of those sound just like you!! And I'd have to agree on the mountains think too. I love the mountains and hiking!

Anne said...

Marni, you are too cute. And yes, you are way under paid. But I sure do appreciate your hard work. :) Hope to see you soon.

TJ said...

Ha Ha Ha, Marni you crack me up! I miss you! Someday we'll have to get together.

AnneMarie said...

Marn, I love your blog, but mostly love you! Email me sometime!!! maybe you could just have Micheal Phelps as kind of a pet. I bet he cleans toilets!