I've been picture tagged again, this time by Cali. Since I finally have my computer (vs. Jeff's) back with a fresh stock of photos, I was excited to see what I'd get!
This tag uses the fourth folder with the 10th picture, and I found:
This is when I was in Chile a year ago from July. We had a teacher dinner at the school, and had everything Chilean to go with it! Chileans are so friendly and fun loving! After eating, everyone broke out in loud song and dance. This dance is called La Cuaca, and it is the national dance of Chile. Christian, my host brother, played the guitar (he is AMAZING), and the English professor Carlos (a bit tipsy on the wine and cold medicine, quite the combination) and I danced the (rather flirtatious) dance. To the best of my ability. I lack the grace that most of the dancers have. But what can you do? One of these days I will post the video of my little kindergarteners dancing in full costume. Freaking adorable! After the dinner, the teachers gave me my goodbye gift, a Chilean flag. It touched me so much, I shed some tears. Chile was an amazing experience.
Let's talk about Chilean food. It is delicious! Strange to look at, I'm not gonna lie, but I promise you all it is SOOOOO good!


Cazuela: broth with noodles or rice, chunk of meat (chicken here), boiled potato, and usually
some chunk of squash or corn on the cob. Whole.
some chunk of squash or corn on the cob. Whole.

Ensalada Chilena: tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salt, and olive oil. Yummy!


My favorite type of bread!
We had bread at every meal, including "once" (pronounced 'ohn-say') which was like a mini snack meal around 9 in the evening. Bread was always toasted on the stove, and then eaten with honey, jam, or 'palta' (avacado).

The 'completo'. Hotdogs are huge in Chile. This one has avacado, mayo and diced tomatoes.
Sopaipillas (scones) with a sweet syrup on them (in the bowl in the back). Yummy!
I miss Chile. I miss Italy. I have the itch.
P.S. Thanks to those who let me use their photos!


4 comments:
You are making me hungry!
I can't wait until Jeff & I are old enough and the kids are out of the house....we will travel and see the world!
I promise I will send postcards
Hey Marni, what did you go to Chile for? you better write me back and tell me all about it! I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!! ha ha ha I love your blog, looks like you are having fun being married!
That is so cool that you got to go to Chile! Looking at the pictures of food makes me hungry! It looks so good.
YOu should post your favorite recipes.
This post made me laugh. Why? I hated Chilean food, sans frambuesas, palta, and empanada. mmmmm...
Post a Comment