Jeff has a special job. Every morning, he is to wake me up. This, I tell you, is no easy task and he doesn't always succeed. It is only when something extraordinary happens that he is able to pry me from the grips of sweet slumber.
For example.
I couldn't wake up for Conference. He tried, poked and prodded, and gave up. But the darling he is, he came to announce to me that they are building a temple in Rome. Little did he know what wonderful news this was! I was instantly out of bed and teary-eyed with joy! Needless to say, I watched the rest of Conference and the day was successful.
Today was one of those days he was to wake me up. I remember him telling me the time. I remember him waking me again to say goodbye. No success. I fell back asleep after each attempt. But when he placed a little black, meowing kitten in front of my face, I was instantly out of bed.
The crazy thing is, he expects us not to keep this kitten.
What the heck?!?
He is a sweet little bugger that Jeff found under his car this morning. Long fluffy hair, black everywhere except the paws, chest, and tummy. Very lovey, was super hungry! Needs a home. Slick has decided to bop him constantly, and Tigger has been following him around all morning. They aren't friends yet, but it is only a short matter of time. The best part? Jeff insists we can't keep him. But not because we already have two cats. Not because he doesn't want to clean a litter box with waste from three cats. Oh no. It is because this little kitten has long hair.
Soon as he gets home tonight, he will be smitten. Long hair or not.
Three Teeth Less Wise
7 years ago
2 comments:
You guys are weird.
Marni girl you just sleep because when that day comes of a little one in your home you will wish to have that day of sleep again....but DO NOT think about kids until your done with school...got it missy!!!
Post a Comment