So we've been having problems with Toulouse peeing in a corner of our dinning room which in all reality is only about 2 feet from the door into the laundry room where the litter box is located. For a while I thought it was we had started slacking on cleaning the litter box. Well now that we clean it more often he still is peeing in the corner. Well last night I realized what he had done and yelled at him. Oh, he knew he was in trouble and for what. I grabbed him pushed his face in it and then forced him into the litter box. Well after Marni got home she researched what we could do to get him to stop. The funny thing is in bold letters on the website was cautions to not yell, put their face in it, and/or shove him into the litter box. oops!
Instead they claimed to lay down tin foil over the spot because cats don't like the sound and feel of it. So Marni put some out on the floor and I cleaned the litter box. I kid you not less than 5 min later Slick was walking all over it like it was nothing but interesting to him. This morning he was even practically eating the stuff. I guess he didn't get the memo about cats not liking it. I'm surprised that Lou hasn't slept on it yet since he sleeps on the weirdest surfaces. Crazy Cats!
Three Teeth Less Wise
7 years ago
1 comments:
Two of my cats have had the same problem with peeing and spraying outside of the litter box. I also did the same thing first, yelled and shoved them in the litter box. Yeah.. I read that too that you're not supposed to do that. I read that having their food and litter too close could be the issue. So I moved their food further away, and that has seemed to work.
I've never heard of the tin foil thing. I'm sure my cats would love to play with that. Maybe I'll try it just to see. That's funny though!
Good luck! Oh, and are they fixed? I think that seemed to help too..
Post a Comment